Saturday, September 30, 2006

Was It Always You/ And Never Me

I'm immensely hurt.

That alone takes effort to write, but I must since I feel there's no other way for me to grasp the insanity that has become my thoughts.

I've never thought about things needing to be balanced in relationships. Perhaps, I have, but not to the extent that I am now. I've always thought that for the sake of friendship, much can be sacrificed and overlooked. As it should be. But I took that notion too far, and now I'm hurt and have no one to blame but myself.

I will never be self-righteous to the point of absurdity.
I will never let pride be the root of my demise.
I will never hurt another so blatantly, that words won't exist in response.

I wil never again let myself be taken for granted.

I never predicted one I considered one of my closest confidantes to strike at me with such disregard of feeling that I'm left blindsided and stunned that I did not know her better. If even, at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home